These are our policies for our web site, contact information and emails.
Our general privacy and confidentiality rules
- We ask for only the minimum information we need to serve you.
- We only use your information for the purposes you gave it to us.
- We do our best to keep your information safe whilst it is inside our organisation, and we make it as difficult as we can for others to obtain it illegally.
- We will not give to third parties any information that identifies you (or sell it, or whatever), without your specific permission.
- We occasionally use third-party systems to send emails. We do not do this through organisations that have less stringent privacy rules than our own.
Unless you have an account for this site, and you log-in, this web server does not send cookies to your computer. If you are 'just visiting' you should NOT receive cookies from us (and we would be keen to know if you did!).
There is one exception to this:
Our use of Google Analytics
To help us tune our website, we use Google Analytics ("Analytics"). It is a service provided by Google, Inc., which helps us understand how people use the site. To do this, Analytics uses "cookies" technology, which are small text files placed temporarily on your computer.
The information generated by Analytics is stored by Google, sometimes on servers in the United States. Google makes the information anonymous before storing it. We use the analysis that Analytics creates from the data, however we do not have direct access to any of the data set itself.
We do not collect any personally-identifiable information about visitors to this site, except in the case of those who have an account on the site and choose to log-in when they visit. If you do not log in, your activity is not followed in an identifiable way.
Google has its own terms of service for Analytics, which we recommend you read, however we use the Analytics service in good faith, believing it to be both legal in the UK and in the interests of both ourselves and our web site users. As part of Analytics' terms of service, Google says it will not associate your IP address with any other data the company holds.
There are, however, links from this site to third parties, such as YouTube (Google Inc.), news feeds from media organisations, and other links included in the site's content. We have no control over, and do not monitor the activities of these third parties with respect to privacy. We would expect you to exercise the normal cautions you do when using any other unfamiliar web sites, and we will not be held responsible for organisations outside our control.
Please note: By continuing to use this website, beyond this document and the page on which you first 'landed', our understanding is that you consent to the processing of data about your visit in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
General email policies
- Our public email ("Newsletter") is provided on a free, best-effort basis only: no contract is implied between sender and recipient.
- Any discounts or offers referred to within the Newsletter, either from us or from third parties, should be regarded as an invitation to treat and are subject to contract, per usual commercial practice.